Upon request of its Full Member organisations, ILS delivers International Certificates for the accredited courses that are listed on the equivalency tables.
Only accredited national certificates can be converted to ILS International Certificates. All accredited national certifications are listed on the Equivalency Tables (http://www.ilsf.org/certification/equivalency-tables). Only for these certifications, ILS can deliver International Certificates. ILS never delivers International Certificates to individual requests, only to its member organisations.
Please contact your national lifesaving organisation to receive the request form and delivery & payment details.
ILS certificates do not represent a license that guarantees employment, but they do confirm that the holder of the certificate has successfully completed a course of training which meets minimum internationally recognised competencies developed by ILS.
Which are the ILS International Certificates?
- Overview Certificates (app 03)
- ILS Junior Lifesaver (app 06)
- ILS Lifesaver (app 07)
- ILS Lifeguard Pool (app 08)
- ILS Lifeguard Inland Open Water (app 09)
- ILS Beach Lifeguard (app 10)
- ILS Instructor Junior Lifesaver (app 11)
- ILS Instructor Lifesaver (app 12)
- ILS Instructor Pool Lifeguard (app 13)
- ILS Instructor Inland Open Water Lifeguard (app 14)
- ILS Instructor Surf Lifeguard (app 15)
- ILS Overview Rescue Diver’s Certification (app 16)
- ILS Open Water Diver (app 17)
- ILS Rescue Diver (app 18)
- ILS Rescue Dive Master (app 19)
- ILS Instructor 1 Rescue Dive (app 20)
- ILS Instructor 2 Rescue Dive (app 21)
- ILS Instructor 3 Rescue Dive (app 22)
- ILS Rescue Boat Crew (app 23)
- ILS Rescue Boat Driver (app 24)
- ILS Jet Ski Operator (app 25)
- ILS AED Certificates (app 26)
- ILS Instructor AED (app 27)
- ILS K9 Certificate.pdf (app 28)
- ILS K9 Instructor (app 29)
What comes with an ILS International Certificate?
- A coloured presentation certificate, with individual certificate number.
Example of Certificate (app 01)
- An identity card, with photo and number.
Example of ID card (app 02)
- An appropriate coloured badge (embroidered cotton).
- An appropriate coloured pin.
How do you qualify?
As a lifesaver, you must be a member of an ILS Member Federation which has been approved as meeting ILS Training Competencies.
To see which ILS member federations allow lifesavers to earn ILS certificates, please check the Equivalency pages.)
You must have successfully completed an approved course of instruction appropriate for the certificate.
How do you apply?
- As a lifesaver, please contact the national ILS Member Federation where you followed your training and ask for the ILS Certificate Request Form.
- Your Federation will forward the application to the ILS Headquarters.
- The certificate is sent to you by your Federation.