Who we are?
We are a non-governmental, non-religion and non-profit organization engage in water safety education and drowning prevention services. We were founded in 2010 and incorporated under the not–for- profit Corporation Act of the Association laws of the Republic of Liberia.
What we do?
- We teach people how to keep the water front communities, the rivers, and aquatic recreational facilities safe and clean.
- We train beach and pool lifeguards and provide safety and sanitation services within the aquatic environment.
- We establish and train community-based emergency respond team.
- We provide early childhood swimming skill for children of four (4) years and above.
- We provide water sport for kids, youths and people with disability.
- We offer survival swimming skills.
- We teach the importance and Application of First Aid and CPR.
What we Hope to Achieve?
Our vision is to create a safe and clean aquatic environment by carrying out life-sustaining services within the aquatic Environment.
The operations of the organization are overseen by a team of three (3) retired officers of the former Liberian National Coast guard (LNCG) who serve as volunteer Executives. The organization structure comprises Board of Advisors, Office of the Executive Director, Administrative, Communication, Program, and Finance Officers.
We conduct research from time to time to identify the epidemiology of drowning and the effectiveness of drowning prevention methods or strategies nationwide.
We encourage people who operate public swimming facilities to hire trained lifeguards who will perform professional lifesaving duties at every recreational facility. We make every reasonable effort to prevent drowning before it occurs.
In collaboration with the office of the assistant Minister for Coast Guard Affairs, under the auspices of the Minister of National Defense, we trained 28 lifeguards in 2015 as a preventive measure against the high rate of drowning in Liberia. Our refresher training helps to sustain the lifeguards’ confidence in their ability to prevent drowning and respond with competence when accident occurs.