The Trinidad and Tobago Lifesaving Society, (abbreviated TTLSS), was formed in 1948 by Mr. Eric Glashier. It was initially the Maracas Bay Lifeguard Club and in 1976 it became the TTLSS. The society is affiliated to the RLSS – Commonwealth and has been actively involved in the training of lifeguards, lifesavers, military personnel, schools and public members.
The TTLSS also has its own constitution which governs its operation and administration. Presently Trinidad and Tobago count over 600 lifeguards who are actively involved in teaching and lifesaving. They are affiliated to the TTLSS.
The Society became corresponding member of ILS in 1997 and full member of ILS in May 2003.