The ILS Board of Director’s Meeting was organised on 7 and 8 May 2002 just before the 2002 Lifesaving World Championships in Daytona Beach ” Florida.
The Board received and adopted:
- Activity reports of ILS officers, Commissions and Working Groups.
- A status report on the 2004 Lifesaving World Championships scheduled for September in Viareggio ” Italy.
- The calendar of activities of ILS.
The Board approved (amongst others):
- Amendments to lifesaving sport regulations proposed by the Sports Commission.
- Amendments to Educational Guidelines proposed by the Rescue & Education Commission.
- New policy statement (The use of Oxygen by Lifesavers) proposed by the ILS Medical Commission.
- Bidding procedures for future World Championships beginning in 2008.
- A report on the 2001 Goodwill Games.
The ILS President is to be commended with an excellent chairing of the meeting.
The Board of Directors approved twelve working groups, their mission statements and their composition.