The ILS World Conference on Drowning Prevention (WCDP) is one of the most important events on the calendar of the International Life Saving Federation (ILS). The World Conference on Drowning Prevention is a global conference offered by the ILS.
The purpose is to bring together the world’s foremost experts, research, systems and information on drowning prevention, rescue, lifesaving and water safety for exchange, debate and further development that will lead to reduction of death and injury in all aquatic environments worldwide.
The next ILS World Conference on Drowning Prevention will take place in:
- WCDP 2023: Perth, Australia.
- WCDP 2025: Marrakesh, Morocco.
- WCDP 2027: Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Previous WCDP Conferences
- WCDP 2019: Durban – South Africa, organised by Lifesaving South Africa.
- WCDP 2017: Vancouver – Canada, organised by Lifesaving Society Canada.
- WCDP 2015: Penang – Malaysia was organised by Life Saving Society Malaysia.
- WCDP 2013: Potsdam – Germany was organised by the German Life Saving Federation (DLRG).
- WCDP 2011: Da Nang – Vietnam was organised by the Royal Life Saving Society Australia (RLSSA)
- World Water Safety 2007: Porto – Portugal was organised by ASNASA in collaboration with ISN. The Conference was called “World Water Safety Conference”.
- World Medical & Rescue Conference 1997: San-Diego – USA : The first ILS World Conference took place in 1997 in San Diego – USA. The Conference was organised by the United States Lifesaving Association (USLA)