ILS equipment specifications and scrutineering procedures for the following are contained in the current edition ILS Competition Rule Book located at https://www.ilsf.org/lifesaving-sport/rules/:
· Pool Facility Standards
· Batons (Beach Flags and Beach Relay)
· Surf Boards
· Boats (IRBs and Surf Boats)
· Rescue Manikins*
· Rescue Tubes
· Surf Skis
· Swim Fins
· Throw Lines
· Swim Wear
· Personal Flotation Devices
* Note: As at February 2022 the ILS approved manikins for ILS Life Saving Championships, ILS Regional Championships, Word Games and ILS sanctioned competitions are the German (DLRG), Australian (SLSA) and Canada 1 (CLS) manikins.
Detailed ILS Surf Board, Ski and Boat Specifications
Detailed IRB Specifications
The ILS Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) equipment specification is a guide to pooled equipment for use in ILS competition. It is to ensure uniformity of equipment and consideration of safety aspects. It may also to assist countries who wish to develop new craft.
Many countries are no longer allowing the sale of 2 stroke outboard motors for environmental reasons. The Sports Commission agreed that IRB Motor specifications be amended to include both 2 and 4 stroke motors. In doing so it is recognised that many countries will still prefer 2 stroke motors for some time but the change will allow development of IRBs in countries where the two stroke engine is no longer sold.
- ILS IRB Specification – Final (v2015)
- DSB 3.5SR-DLRG
- IRBC1 -1c.pdf