- Does the ILS organise lifeguard courses?
- I want to work as a lifeguard in another country, how do I convert my current degree?
- What to do if your organisation isn’t mentioned on the Equivalency Tables?
- I lost my ILS Certificate, how do I get a duplicate?
- How can I obtain an ISA/ILS International Surf and SUP Instructor Aquatic Rescue and Safety Course Certificate?
The ILS is a federation of national organisations. As such, the ILS doesn’t organise courses directly, but our Member Organisations do. Please contact the member organisation present at your location.
- Please contact your future employer, as legislation differs. In case your future employer requires you to have an ILS Certificate, please follow these steps.
- Check the Equivalency Tables,
specifically for the organisation with which you obtained your national
degree and also check the destination country organisation.
!! If your organisation is not mentioned on the list, it means the organisation is either not a Member of ILS, or is an ILS Member Organisation but doesn’t take part in the ILS Equivalency Programme!! Please see: What to do if your organisation isn’t mentioned on the Equivalency Tables?
- If your national degree has an ILS Equivalence, make sure to double check if the ILS Certificate is accepted on the destination organisation’s Equivalency Table.
- Contact the organisation where you obtained your national degree and ask for an ILS International Certificate Request Form.
Please ask your organisation if they are a Full Member Organisation of ILS and if so, suggest to participate in the ILS Equivalency Programme.
Please contact the organisation where you requested your ILS Certificate and ask for an ‘ILS International Certificate Request Form’. Fill out your details, mention ‘duplicate’ on the form and send the form to your organisation.
The International Surfing Association (ISA) has partnered with the International Lifesaving Federation (ILS) to establish a universally recognized, global standard water safety course and certificate for Surfing and Stand-Up-Paddle (SUP) coaches and instructors. More information can be found at: http://www.isasurf.org/isails-water-safety-accreditation/
If you desire to be shipped a hard copy of your ISA Certification please visit the ISA shop to order: http://www.isasurf.org/shop/