At the ILS Board of Directors meetings that were held in conjunction with the WCDP 2019 in Durban, the following national lifesaving organisations were accepted as member:
- The St John Rescue Corps of Malta as Associate Member (www.sjrcmalta.org)
- The Macau Life Saving Society as Associate Member
- The Lifesaving-Liberia Inc. as Corresponding Member (www.llifesalblog.com)
- The Albanian Coast Lifeguards and Water Rescue Federation, formerly Corresponding Member is now Full Member (www.vrojtuesiteplazhit.org)
The ILS Chancellery awarded the following persons Knight in the Order of Lifesaving, with congratulations for their outstanding contribution to ILS:
- Graham Ford AM, President of ILS and Surf Life Saving Australia
- Dr Peter Wernicki MD, former Chair of the ILS Medical Committee and Medical Advisor of the United States Lifesaving Association
- Doug Ferguson, Executive Director of the Lifesaving Society Ontario, Canada.
By decision of the ILS Chancellery, John Martin MBE, ILS Event Director, Dave Thompson AM, Chair of the ILS Sport Commission, Jelle Meintsma, Secretary of the ILS Sport Commission and Greg Allum, Member of the ILS Sport Commission, were inducted into the International Lifesaving – Sport Hall of Fame.
Oceanside Lifeguard David Wilson was awarded the ILS Rescue Medal of Valour for his heroic rescue at Oceanside Harbor, California, USA, on July 17, 2016.
Dr Cody Dunne MD from Canada was selected by the ILS Rescue Commission and Medical Committee to be the Dr Ian Mackie Fellow for 2020 to 2023.