Today the ILS Sport Commission is opening the application procedure for those wishing to apply for the positions of Chief Referee and Deputy Chief Referee of the LWC 2024 Championships.
A separate exercise will shortly be launched at the start of June 2023 for international technical officials to apply for all other positions.
The application is made via a Google Form which is available through this link:
This is the only method of making an application. The closing date for all applications is 15 June 2023.
Applications are invited from suitable experienced and qualified international technical officials for the Chief Referee and Deputy Chief Referee positions for the following events:
- National Team Open & Youth Pool Events 29 Aug to 1 Sep 2024
- National Team Open & Youth Ocean/Beach Events 29 Aug to 1 Sept 2024
- Interclub Team Open & Youth Pool Events 3 to 8 Sep 2024
- Interclub Team Open & Youth Ocean/Beach Events 3 to 8 Sep 2024
- National Team, Interclub Team, Open & Youth SERC Events 28 Aug & 2 Sep 2024
- Masters Pool Events 23 to 25 August 2024
- Masters Ocean/Beach Events 26 to 28 August 2024
- Surfboat Events 29 to 31 August 2024
- National Team IRB & Interclub Team IRB Events 4 to 7 September 2024
Applicants for these positions must have strong leadership, organisational and interpersonal people skills, and a proven ability to manage multiple priorities at a National and/or an International level of Lifesaving Competition coupled with extensive relevant Refereeing experience of not less than 5 years. Appointments will be made by the ILS Sport Commission and all applicants will be advised by mid-July 2023.