2022 Lifesaving World Championships
11 September - 3 October
The 2022 Lifesaving World Championships will take place in the city of Riccione in the North of Italy. The event is hosted by our member federation, the Federazione Italiana Nuoto (Sezione Salvamento) (FIN-S) from 15/09 to 05/10/2022.
The following will be conducted:
- The ILS Preparatory, Commission and Committee Meetings from 14/09 to 17/09.
- The ILS Board of Director’s Meetings from 18/09-19/09.
- The World Championships for Interclub Masters from 13/09 to 22/09.
- The World Championships for National Teams Open and Youth from 18/09 to 26/09.
- The World Championships for Surfboats from 19/09 to 25/09.
- The World Championships for National and Interclub Inflatable Rescue Boats (IRB) from 25/09 to 01/10.
- The World Championships for Interclub Teams Open and Youth from 23/09 to 03/10.
- The World Championships for Extra Events from 25/09 to 02/10.
The FIN-S has chosen to work with a specialised Agency that will handle services for the participants. The name of the Agency is ORION. The ILS had several meetings with the FIN-S and its Agent to analyse and compare the provided services and has concluded that the package proposed is very competitive and covers all the needs of the participants.
Assistance for Developing Nations:
The Italian Federation has foreseen an assistance for Developing Nations. Information related to the assistance will be provided to all African countries in late 2021 and early 2022.
Assistance in visa issues:
The Italian Federation, in co-operation with the Italian Olympic Committee will do their utmost to facilitate visa requests for those that need a visa. Please start on time with the visa request, it is a long procedure.