The ILS is very pleased to confirm that the Board of Directors has ratified the composition of the ILS Commissions and their Committees that were presented by the newly elected Commission Chairs to its meeting on Saturday 27 March 2021.
A full list of the Commissions and Committees can be viewed on the ILS Commissions page.
A total of 165 people from 40 ILS Member Federations from around the world have been appointed to positions by the Commission Chairs and all have been ratified by the Board of Directors.
The Commission Chairs, who were appointed by the ILS Board of Directors on Sunday 21 March 2021, are:
- Athletes Commission Chair – Steven Kent, Surf Life Saving New Zealand
- Business Commission Chair – Dr Mohamed Ali Gharbal PhD, Royal Moroccan Lifesaving Federation
- Drowning Prevention Commission Chair – Justin Scarr, Royal Life Saving Society Australia
- Rescue Commission Chair – Adam Weir, Surf Life Saving Australia
- Sport Commission Chair – Dave Thompson AM, Surf Life Saving Australia
The period of office will run through to the next ILS Elective General Assembly in late August 2024.
The ILS congratulates all those who have been appointed.