Life Saving India & Surf Life Saving India
The Rashtriya Life Saving Society of India (RLSS-I) became full member of ILS in the year 2000.
The RLSS-I is trying to fill the void and is promoting awareness in lifesaving.
The Society started with programes in swimming pools but soon extended its training programes to other waterfronts and general care of accident victims.
The Association has recently included road safety in its first aid curriculum.
The aims of the RLSSI are:
- Encourage the young to learn how to swim.
- Teach first aid and lifesaving skills.
- Encourage people to become lifesavers and lifeguards.
- Provide first aid and prevent loss of life on land and waterfronts.
- Recognise and reward good work done in first aid and life saving.
- Collect and collate information on drowning accidents and rescue affected.
- Investigate and analyse accidents to develop more effective rescue methods.