The ILS World Conference on Drowning Prevention (WCDP) is one of the most important events on the calendar of the International Life Saving Federation (ILS). The World Conference on Drowning Prevention is a global conference offered by the ILS.
The purpose is to bring together the world’s foremost experts, research, systems and information on drowning prevention, rescue, lifesaving and water safety for exchange, debate and further development that will lead to reduction of death and injury in all aquatic environments worldwide.
The next ILS World Conference on Drowning Prevention will take place in:
- WCDP 2021: Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- WCDP 2023: Marrakesh, Morocco.
Previous WCDP Conferences
- WCDP 2019: Durban – South Africa, organised by Lifesaving South Africa
- WCDP 2017: Vancouver – Canada
- WCDP 2015: Penang – Malaysia was organised by Life Saving Society Malaysia during November 2015.
- WCDP 2013: Potsdam – Germany was organised by the German Life Saving Federation (DLRG) under the guidance of its President, Dr. Klaus Wilkens PhD.
- WCDP 2011: Da Nang – Vietnam was organised by the Royal Life Saving Society – Australia under the guidance of Justin Scar (RLSS-Australia).
- World Water Safety 2007: Porto – Portugal was organised by ASNASA in collaboration with ISN. The Conference was called “World Water Safety Conference”.
- World Medical & Rescue Conference 1997: San-Diego – USA : The first ILS World Conference took place in 1997 in San Diego – USA. The Conference was organised by the United States Lifesaving Association (USLA) under the guidance of its President B. Chris Brewster.